- Manages service operations, workshop or field, that provide retail or distributor product or application services.
- Manages department personnel along with the departmental budget.
- Manages all operations including service staff and supervisors; resolves most complex business problems for those on the team.
- Provides employees timely and constructive performance feedback; develops employees and provides opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
- Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Regularly reviews key performance indicators for service operations and addresses issues and opportunities.
- Ensures the volume of work produced meets company standards and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Identifies trends and initiates changes/improvements necessary to achieve goals and objectives while ensuring customer needs are met without interruption to service levels.
- Established positive and professional working relationships with key customers.
- Establishes goals and targets for the service operations; measures, reviews and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Performance Measurements – Using business performance measurement to drive manager behavior. Calculates performance measurement appropriately as part of their work. Can explain the proper interpretation of measures in a business context. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures. Is able to perform effectively with assistance from specialist.
- Service Cross-Functional Knowledge – Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Warranty/Policy Support – Aware of the corporate warranty system and Marketing structure basics to support OEMs, Distributors and End User customers to maintain excellent partnerships and relationships.
- Focus on Customer Needs – Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- Manage Execution – Demonstrated results indicating deep knowledge of managing execution. Coordinates performance across regions, teams, and departments on complex projects and work flows. Measures effectiveness of execution through defined metrics and disciplined monitoring.
- Claims Management Systems – Demonstrated knowledge of Cummins warranty systems and coverage’s. Ability distinguish between warranty, policy, distributor liability, and customer liability.
- Working Capital Management – Use working capital management knowledge appropriately as part of their work. Knowledge of the cash conversion cycle and how accounts receivables, accounts payable, and inventory effect the cycle as well as the techniques for improving working capital and the metrics that can be used to monitor performance. Is able to perform effectively under the guidance/limited assistance from functional specialist.
- Channel Repair Process – QuickServe – Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university or equivalent degree required.
- Significant level of relevant experience, including supervisory experience, required.
- Oversees the Aftermarket Function for Cummins Angola, including parts sales and service.
- Provides strategic direction to drive growth of the business and actively participates in managing key client relationships and seeks business development opportunities within the market.