1. PURPOSE OF ROLE
Business development for the West Africa region.
- Reporting to the Head of Business Development the candidate shall help to develop marketing strategies and ensure implementation of the same;
- Assist with the preparation of Tender Submissions and Bid Approval Economics;
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with Local Clients/Governments through visitation to their offices;
- Ensure the company is aware of all upcoming Client/Government requirements;
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with Local Agents and JV partners;
- Keep track of market intelligence with respect to market development, projects, competitive activity, customers etc;
- Provide marketing/presentation material to present to Client/Government organisations;
- Implement country wise strategy required for Seadrill to success in the country with tenders.
Management of the Overall Business Development
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results;
- Competitor and market analysis;
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning through the Marketing department;
- Present a weekly report to department regarding upcoming opportunities, Client activities, as well as Client assessment of our organizational culture, values and reputation;
- Adhere to Companies strong compliance directives;
- Attend external industry events and conferences promoting Company values and services
- Operate within Seadrill’s Key principles for business conduct;
- Authorized to delegate tasks when approved by Director of Marketing.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred;
- Minimum 1 years experience in a similar role;
- Technical and Commercial knowledge of drilling business;
- At least 3 years with an International Drilling Contractor;
- Offshore experience preferred.
- Leadership and strong interpersonal skills;
- Organizational, project and time management skills;
- Team player, work collaboratively and independently;
- Client Relations and networking skills;
- Customer Focus;
- Presentation skills.