- Human Resources (HR) or other professional degree preferred;
- 4-5 years of experience in professional development and/or human resources or experience within a professional services firm either as a consultant or within an HR/people role
- Fluency in the Portuguese and English;
- Understanding of the Angolan market would be an advantage;
- Strong passion for career and professional development, and people issues;
- High in integrity, maturity, and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information, comfort with conflict and courage to stand firm on decisions;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and listening) with groups of varying sizes and at all levels, strong influencing capabilities;
- Ability to connect/collaborate with Partners, consultants, and professional development colleagues;
- A non-hierarchical approach, strong problem-solving skills, and the flexibility to deal with unexpected (sometimes conflicting) situations and obstacles in a fast-paced and quick-changing environment, ability to build consensus;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to structure thinking and work, ability to multitask, and track record of strong demonstrated leadership;
- Comfort with numbers, analysis, and systems.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will work in our Luanda office as part of our Africa professional development team.
You will closely work with the consultants, professional development colleagues across the region, and the recruiting team. You will manage and coordinate the staffing and key people processes, and be responsible for coaching individuals in this cohort in the Luanda office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be responsible for staffing consultants to client engagements and professional development at the Luanda office.
You will manage the consulting staffing process including obtaining detailed information from senior leadership regarding studies and staffing needs, developing professional relationships with consultants to understand their experience, aspirations, and circumstances, and providing coaching and guidance to the consultants on their staffing and professional development.
You will lead office-based consultant evaluation processes along with relevant people leaders. You will be enhancing consultants’ development by leading/participating in office initiatives such as new hire induction, team engagement activities/learnings, and development leader group meetings and oversee new hire orientation and integration. Also, one of your main tasks will e to monitor and raise emerging people issues with office leadership and drive associated problem solving and program development as needed.
One of the key parts of your work will be to maintain accurate and up-to-date information in all people’s information systems, develop these systems so that they are reliable and efficient, and lead analysis and reporting of key staffing and professional development metrics for local office leadership.
Additionally, you will develop a network of professional development colleagues within McKinsey, to facilitate inbound/outbound staffing assignments and to ensure the flow and implementation of best practices.
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite www.mckinsey.com.