Heading Moz is searching for a Demand Planner for a client in the FMCG Sector to be based in Maputo.
The role of the Demand Planner is to develop a demand forecast using data such as sales forecasts, shipment histories, and marketing plans. This position is a key driver in creating and managing the true customer demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company resources.
- Identify deviations from expected results and other disruptions and promptly resolve any issues;
- Forecasting activities associated with customers and products;
- Create and maintain forecast models for customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from several data sources;
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function;
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions;
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers;
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool;
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs;
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- BA/BS college degree or equivalent. MBA preferred;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the FMCG industry is mandatory;
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Demand Planner in the FMCG Industry (preferred);
- Proficiency in Portuguese and English.