Heading Moz is looking to fill a Deputy Director of Finance and Administration (DDFA) position in Maputo. Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA), the DDFA will be responsible for all operational aspects of the project in Maputo and provincial offices, working closely with field project staff and home office (HO) staff to ensure smooth and compliant operations of project. She/he will supervise the financial and administrative team and will report to the DFA, with the expectation they will gradually transition into the DFA position.
Position to be filled by a national (Mozambican) candidate only.
- Under the direction of the DFA:
- Oversee financial, human resource, recruitment, contracting, subcontracting, procurement, travel, events and logistics, security, office administration functions;
- Ensure that all financial and administrative actions are taken responsibly, ethically, prudently, and in compliance with the US government rules and regulations, MSI policies and procedures, and local laws;
- Inform and adapt organization’s policies to the local context, and develop processes, and procedures aimed to harmonize and streamline operations in Maputo and provincial offices;
- Execute or delegate with appropriate supervision HR/Recruitment tasks
Other duties include:
- Serve as security coordinator for the project in close relationship with the Organization’s global security department;
- Ensure smooth coordination of logistics to include in-country orientation for Organization’s international personnel and visitors;
- Oversee the Procurement/Events Coordinator to ensure efficient travel, events and logistic arrangements for domestic events and travel, especially for complex assignments;
- Ensure all work is performed professionally and ethically while promoting a cohesive, positive working environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of USAID or US Government work experience. Experience with international donor programs will also be considered;
- Familiarity with FAR, AIDAR, ADS regulations;
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, finance, project management or relevant field;
- Proven project management and budgeting experience;
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations;
- Fluency in Portuguese, oral and written;
- Excellent command of English, oral and written.
- Use of Quickbooks software;
- Project Management Professional certification.
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite heading.peoplenect.com.