Job profile summary:
The Employee Relations/Industrail RelationsManager will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and integrator of Employee Relations and Industrial Relations activity in Angola. He/she will provide advice and guidance to HR and business leadership, and develop and execute the ER plan for the business consistent with BP group IR/ER strategy and aligned with the local policies and legal boundaries.Operates within Angola leading and supporting the implementation of the Angola Employee and Industrial Relations strategies. And he/she will implement the Angola Employee Relations strategy and review it regularly to address emerging risks and challenges.
Essential Education: Minimum of University degree.
- Strong generalist HR experience within fast-moving, complex and demanding environments where operational HR issues have to be handled on a large scale, and with a need to multi-task and deal with ambiguity;
- Some HR experience, including proficiency and track record of delivery in Employee and Industrial relations themes;
- Sound knowledge of employment law and best practice for country/region, able to apply knowledge to the business;
- Deep knowledge of the HR policies and practices in the organization, track record of providing advice and appropriate policy interpretation to HR business partner teams. Essential skills in HR policy review and development of new policies;
- Skilled in the development of business specific ER/IR policy and guidance;
- Skilled in complex HR issues management, able to manage sensitive formal investigations;
- Has the ability to negotiate and build positive relations with various employee groups; Drives employee/employer relations and issues to deliver the best commercial solution; Displays sound knowledge of HR policy and application of employment law to difficult and discrete assignments.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.