Job profile summary:
Provides day to day technical support and advice to operations on environmental issues and RCE permit compliance to GOO/ GWO/GPO and other relevant functions in-region (e.g. ResDev, Exploration, C&EA, Logistics and Infrastructure and PSCM).
Advises and coaches Area and Site leadership on RCE legislative requirements and BP RCE requirements so that they are understood, implemented and sustained at all levels of the organization.
Organizes RCE regulatory inspections /compliance tasks and monitors delivery of inspection findings.
This an outstanding opportunity for a results-driven Environmental advisor to showcase and develop their RCE and Leadership skills in an Operations work environment supporting 2 FPSO’s. The technical aspects of this unique position are ideally suited for a candidate seeking to progress their career down a Technical path with some offshore exposure.
The Regulatory, Compliance and Environment is responsible for providing support to the 2 BP operated FPSO’s offshore Angola. Supports the Operations Engineering Support Team (OST) in the day to day operational support activities as necessary and is also accountable for providing cross asset solutions from within the Organization.
Given the nature of the Angola Region Operations organization structure, the environmental advisor role has a unique opportunity to get an ideal mix of being closely connected with the day to day asset operation as well as focusing on the broader Region picture.
- Supports operations in addressing environmental issues and mitigation of potential environmental risks related to the area of operations and in the Advisor’s area (s) of expertise;
- Provides environmental input and challenge to asset / site / field HSE meetings, offshore calls etc;
- Review asset environmental aspects and risks, new and updated RCE legislation, BP RCE requirements and advises on the appropriate operational response to support continued compliance in the Advisor’s area (s) of expertise;
- Supports delivery of OMS requirements for sub-element 3.6, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3, implementation, management, and certification / attestation of the environmental management system (ISO 14001);
- Supports implementation and conformance in the Entity of Environment & Social clauses in OMS 4.6 (GP 10-90);
- Reviews asset’s RCE performance trends, supports investigation of environmental incidents, sharing of learnings and implementation of corrective actions leading to continuous improvement in the Advisor’s area (s) of expertise;
- Provides input and implements asset annual RCE Plan, annual Environmental Management Reviews, TAR HSE plans as required;
- Leads and conducts RCE self-verification in: (1) operations, (2) Advisor’s area of expertise and (3) on environmental aspects and risks captured in the asset risk register against BP Requirements, environmental permit conditions and regulatory commitments;
- Prepares required environmental reports for regulators, industry organizations and BP.
- Supports Environmental Technology Developments for area of expertise.
- Degree or diploma in an environmental or related discipline;
- Obtain an internationally recognized professional accreditation within 7 to 10 years.
Essential requirements and job experience
- Environmental experience in the Upstream Oil & Gas industry or other high hazard industry;
- Able and willing to travel to remote operations (region specific);
- Awareness of available pollution impact reduction technologies in area of expertise;
- Good understanding of hazard and risk analysis techniques (RCFA, 5 Why’s, What If);
- Understanding of HSSE management systems and industry HSSE standards;
- Good organizational, planning, written and oral communication skills;
- Written and oral fluency in English, minimum Upper Intermediate.
At BP, we’re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we’re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. Here, we’re equipped to solve some of the biggest, most complex challenges that matter for the future. And we know we have a real contribution to make.
As part of BP, our Upstream business finds, develops and extracts energy across 33 countries and makes sure we can explore 63,000km of new areas and extend the life of existing fields. Here, some of the world’s best talent is working on powering-up the world in a safe and sustainable way. Join us, and you’ll have your part to play too.