The Field Services Specialist provides direction and technical assistance during the installation of Subsea Hardware (Wellhead Systems & Subsea Production Systems). He/She is required to have a comprehensive knowledge of Subsea Wellhead Systems & Subsea Production Equipment and experience in installing the equipment, maintenance, refurbishment & testing of the equipment and dedicated tools.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of BHGE Subsea products;
- Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction;
- Ability to commission and operate Subsea Equipment & Tools;
- Ability to troubleshoot operations to component level;
- Provide Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate;
- Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned programs and ground support equipment, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions;
- Provide communication to Product Support and Project team regarding all program activities and problems through regular, timely reports;
- Sound knowledge of Subsea offshore practices, ability to troubleshoot, identify problems and generate plans and processes to overcome them;
- Assist customer in scheduling maintenance and workload;
- Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any undesirable trends. Make recommendations on findings;
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs;
- Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements.
- Work experience in field service with at least 5 years of experience;
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Technical School with 5 years of Field Services experience;
- Ability to understand and implement electrical drawings;;
- Knowledge of operation, installation and / or maintenance of Subsea wellhead systems;
- Subsea Drilling offshore experience;
- Strong Computer skills including operating systems and standard office software;
- Certified to work in an offshore environment;
- Good knowledge of English language
- Strong HSE awareness & leadership;
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting capability;
- Proactive & self starter;
- Flexible to work in different work locations & countries.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com