To support Finance Department by assisting with all Accounting & Finance Operations.
Directly Reports to: Finance Manager – Angola
Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
- Coding invoices from suppliers, inserting coded invoices into the system, preparing the cashier’s sheet, processing payments from suppliers’ invoices, preparing payment letters, delivering letters of payments to the bank, preparing the Social Security payment.
- Bank reconciliations, cash drawer and encodings of suppliers’ invoices in the system;
- Preparing the report of invoices registered and approved in the system for payment, sending the report to Finance Manager for final review.
- Process Monthly accounting transactions, making sure that codification of the invoices, the industrial tax rate, the number of invoices are properly processed.
- Ensure that internal report of accounts payable is properly reviewed before processing the payments.
- Withdraw the weekly report of invoices re-submitted and pending in the system for approval.
- Process invoice payments from approved vendors in the system, then create and submit payments through internet banking.
- Effective management of Finance Manager diary, maintain Outlook Calendar, organize meetings as required;
- Petty Cash administration;
- Manage job file systems as required
- Minute all meetings and distribute minutes & actions
- Co-ordinate weekly and monthly reports from various departments & set deadlines for submission to ensure delivery in the required timescale when required
- Compile and research all facility-related invoices, code and distribute to appropriate personnel for approval.
- Any additional tasks relevant to ensure efficient running of department
Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Apply EnerMech Group and where appropriate Client’s Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in EnerMech QA Manuals are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures.
- Accounting & Finance Qualifications
- Professional Accounting & Finance Cours
Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Angolan Tax Law and the General Accounting Plan.
- Previous experience with databases
- Previous experience with purchase orders and processes
- Competent in note/minute taking
- Competent in time management and organizing other people
- Competent in setting up and maintaining filing systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft packages
Personal Qualities Required for position
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to work within a team and on own initiative
- Ability to achieve and maintain company standards