Coach the HSE Team and wider Operations Teams in all aspects of HSE to develop HSE capability across the GOO organization
Support the HSE Site Advisors in developing their technical HSE skills and their leadership skills following OMS and the BP Leadership Expectations. This will be done using the HSE Site Advisor Role Guide, the HSE Plan (aligned with OIM), and the HSE Excellence Program.
Accountabilities and Expectations
- Asses the asset workforce safety culture and behaviors, coach and develop them to continuously improve the HSE culture;
- Manage and deliver training and coaching to the FPSO Team on HSE systems, processes and procedures;
- Working with DC/UL Team to ensure all personnel are “fit for role” with respect to HSE competency;
- Assist all members of the HSE Team with their personal development plans – work with Safety TL to execute them (where needed);
- Conduct assessments of the HSE Team and other person entering or in safety critical roles. Provide coaching to those persons for whom improvement is needed;
- Create and manage an effective system for embedding lessons from incidents and safety alerts;
- Monitor the workforce understanding and observance of legal and regulatory requirement;
- Assess Contractor performance through their quality driven inputs;
- Be the lead authority on risk management and offer support through coaching and facilitation to the Operations Team on: TRA, HITRA, HAZOP and MAR.
Fulfil process and personal safety commitments taking
- Coach less experienced personnel when conducting SO, SOC and self-verification. Understand all live ORAs and regularly test barriers;
- Provide training and coaching on the reporting, classification and investigating of incidents. Provide technical support on IRIS, Logic Tree, 5 WHYs and HP Analysis;
- Provide coaching on the CoW Process. Assist with assessment of persons with CoW appointments. Support Operations & CoW Authorities with analysis, training and roll out of initiatives;
- Support OIM, Operations Authority, CM&ER Team in developing Angolan ER capability on the asset with focus on developing Safety Site Advisor
Relevant Degree and / or Professional certification.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Proven professional history demonstrating Mastery or Expert in all HSE areas;
- Strong safety and interpersonal leadership skills;
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
28X28 offshore rotation in Angola. Travel to offshore location is via boat.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- Robust experience and capability in both process and personal safety (Prefer 3 relevant roles, 1 as HSE TL);
- Robust experience in CCM/emergency response (Prefer involvement in leading role in IMT);
- Worked in at least two different geographic Regions (one of which is outside the home region) and can think globally, understanding different cultures and Regulatory;
- Compliance regulations (could be external high hazard or another segment).
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.