Heading Moz is searching for an IT Governance Specialist for a client in the Banking sector to be based in Maputo.
This person will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the IT processes being used across the Bank for maturity and compliance. The IT Process Owners will be guided by this role in their implementation of the maturity of their IT processes. The IT Governance Specialist will execute all assigned accountabilities related to continuous improvement practices and processes related to the enhancement efforts. This includes changes to systems, methods, procedures and processes. This role will provide oversight, guidance and support and serve as an adviser / Implementation Partner to the business unit CIO.
- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions;
- Interfaces with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership and external requestors as a strategic partner to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, and to deliver quality IT services;
- Designs and architects reporting tools as an integral enterprise governance solution. Develops, manages, and measures timely and appropriate reporting, summaries, analytics, process logs, metrics, and scorecards, and/or other control records;
- Develops, monitors, and enforces established IT policies and procedures, governance processes and methodologies in line with the Group;
- Information and Technology Governance Framework (based on COBIT 5) and Leverages COBIT 5 and other best practice and process frameworks to drive continual process improvement;
- Manages key strategic initiatives and management stakeholders to prioritize, review, resolve, etc. to ensure timely success;
- Manages, organises, and leads IT process user meetings and prepare meeting agendas;
- Drives the optimization of existing IT procedures and knowledge of the Bank’s IT programs and environment to achieve consistency, efficiency, and accountability;
- Identifies gaps in the IT Processes and develops plans to reduce deficiencies and improve maturity at a business unit level (there are multiple business units within each Segment within the bank) by remaining current on new developments and stay abreast on industry knowledge related to IT Governance best practices;
- Manages various IT process improvement projects, activities and programs to maintain effective process controls. May also run satisfaction surveys to gauge adoption of process improvements across the business units on behalf of the CIO;
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation and achieve efficiencies;
- Manage personal development to increase own skills and competencies;
- Bachelor in Commerce, Bachelor in Science or Bachelor in Engineering;
- COBIT Certified;
- 7 to 10 years of experience in related functions;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous experience in the Banking sector is considered an advantage.