Responsible for supporting the coordination of safe, reliable, compliant and efficient marine terminal operations and hydrocarbon transfers, using sound / advanced technical and analytical capabilities to ensure requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner while meeting safety and quality standards.
- Recommends risk reduction initiatives
- Inputs to risk related activity/output
- Inputs to self – verifications/oversight activity
- Inputs to management plan and global SOPs
- Inputs to technical competency standard s
Held or have held a senior (Class I or II) Marine or Engineering Certificate of Competency and / or; Degree or equivalent qualification in a marine related discipline
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Sound marine operational experience in offshore marine operations;
- Extensive technical understanding of marine activity, demonstrable experience in marine operations or logistics operations;
- Contractor management skills;
- Audit and assessment skills;
- People leadership & stakeholder management experience;
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location):
Occasional travel outside of Angola;
Role is based in Luanda ; 2 office locations; BP TA offices and BP Sonils base
The role will require that offshore travel will take place to the BP offshore terminals; 3rd party installations; 3rd party marine assets such as terminal tugs, PSV’s, in-field vessels and crew change vessels.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
Familiarity with BP systems and processes; previous experience working with BP offshore and onshore; previous experience working within logistics and marine logistics; previous experience working within a multi-discipline team tasked with supporting offshore operations;
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.