A Pastry Chef is responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while planning production and developing seasonal offerings.
What will I be doing?
As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist running the pastry section of the kitchen;
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings;
- Bring creativity to the pastry offerings;
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation;
- Plan production to facilitate daily requirements;
- Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings;
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue;
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations.
What are we looking for?
Pastry Chefs serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 2 years as a Pastry Chef de Partie or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production
- Approaches pastry in a creative way
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook