Job profile summary:
Day to day direction and prioritization of the site production team for delivery of safe, reliable and compliant execution of the site operations activity plan and timely resolution of operational issues whilst developing the team’s technical capabilities and supporting continuous improvement of processes in all aspects of operations.
- Lead the Production team in driving the site safety culture to manage process and personal safety;
- Responsible for rigorous operating discipline by installation Production team against procedures and understand any gaps through risk based self verification;
- Lead the Production team to safely maximise daily production against agreed plans including driving understanding of production losses and actively participating in the area vulnerability process;
- Inputs to development of operational plans to deliver on broader strategies, offering technical expertise where needed to ensure operational issues and constraints are proactively managed;
- Accountable for operations input into the area integrated schedule with regards to plant preparation schedule and site constraints. Accountable for the operations work programme delivery including operations enabling work for other sub-function scopes;
- Responsible for effective operational risk identification and ensuring implementation and assurance of prevention and mitigation controls;
- Manages and coaches a team of direct reports, driving the appropriate behaviors to achieve success, including a continuous improvement culture;
- Identifies capability gaps and puts gap closure plans in place accountable for development of the site Production Team organizational competence and capability to safely execute approved activity plans utiling existing tools e.g. CMAS, uCoW training and assessment etc)
Education: High School
Essential experience and job requirement
- Extensive experience in oil and/or gas plant operations;
- Previous supervisory position with particular emphasis on safety and performance management;
- Full role appointment will require completion and gap closure of Safety;
- Critical Role assessment.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
BP is one of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies. Through our work we provide customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to keep engines moving, and the petrochemicals products used to make everyday items as diverse as paints, clothes and packaging. Our objective is to create value for shareholders and supplies of energy for the world in a safe and responsible way. We strive to be a safety leader in our industry, a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a good employer.
Our Upstream segment is responsible for our activities in oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, and midstream transportation, storage and processing.
At the same time, we’re investing in the talents of the 20,000 people who work to make these activities a reality.