Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist, and guidance of senior programme staff, the Programme Associate provides leadership in execution of services in the CO Programme Unit, supports the design, planning and management of the country programme by managing data and facilitating programme implementation in the thematic area. The Programme Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the programme colleagues, providing inputs on trends, best practices, and financial status of UNDP initiatives, as well as with operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information. He/she will upon request backstop other programme colleagues.
The Programme Associate supports the CO programme in Angola ensuring the facilitation of knowledge building/management activities and resource mobilization efforts.
Under the supervision of the Programme Specialist, the Programme Assistant will:
1. Ensures administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures at regional and sectoral levels, on achievement of the following results:
2. Provides effective support and contributes to the effective management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
3. Manages the provision of administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
4. Contributes to the creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in programme and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision making of management.