Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information: www.worldbank.org
THE GLOBAL PRACTICE FOR MACROECONOMICS, TRADE and INVESTMENT (MTI)
The MTI Global Practice leads the World Bank Group’s dialogue and engagement with clients in macroeconomics, fiscal policy, trade, competition and investment. MTI links the macroeconomic dialogue with programs focused on expanding the role of the private sector in economic development. In our day-to-day engagement with countries, we support Ministries of Finance, Trade, Economy and Production in their pursuit of reform agendas conducive to strengthening inclusive growth led by the private sector. Further information: https://www.worldbank.org/en/about/unit/mti-gp.
- Lead the macroeconomic monitoring of Angola and Sao Tome and Principe, manage and update the World Bank’s macro and fiscal model (MFMod), and the preparation of the Macro and Poverty Outlook (MPO);
- Lead and coordinate the dialogue on macroeconomic policy and economic growth issues with the Angolan and Sao Tome and Principe authorities, with the IMF and economic departments of other development agencies and non-government stakeholders;
- Work with other Global Practices (GPs), analyze challenges to economic growth/productivity and integrates structural, sectoral and macroeconomic issues;
- Serve as the external focal point on macroeconomic and economic growth issues, working closely with sector specialists;
- Lead core country diagnostics such as Country Economic Memorandums (CEM) and other growth diagnostics, and Public Expenditure Reviews (PER)/Public Finance Reviews (PFR);
- Lead Development Policy Operations or other types of lending operations focused on economic reforms;
- Lead the policy dialogue on debt sustainability and debt transparency, including the implementation of the new Sustainable Development Financing Policy, preparation of Debt Sustainability Analysis (DSA);
- Coordinate within the country team the preparation of the annual Country Policy and Institutional Assessment (CPIA) exercise;
- Where relevant, advise sector teams and government authorities on the macroeconomic implications of sector policies and investment decisions, including in the selection and execution of public investments;
- Provide analytical inputs for and advise the Country Management Unit (CMU) on country strategic engagement and economic policy issues, including through active participation in key review meetings;
- Support the analytical work program of the CMU, including the preparation of Systematic Country Diagnostic (SCDs), Country Partnership Frameworks (CPFs);
- Support the Practice Manager and the GP with corporate demands, quality control of deliverables, and the preparation of ad-hoc briefs;
- Coach and support the professional development of the local country economist;
The World Bank Group Core Competencies: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, with eight (8) years of experience;
- In depth understanding of the Angolan and Sao Tome and Principe economies and a strong grasp of the developmental issues facing a resource-rich and oil-dependent economy and a small island development country;
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills, in English and Portuguese, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior policy officials and a wide variety of audiences;
- Strong integrative capacities; i.e., ability to identify development challenges and prioritize policy options within a coherent strategic framework;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills and ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises;
- Strong commitment towards team work and knowledge sharing, especially across the WBG!
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, and leadership/coaching qualities;
- Familiarity with econometric software such as E-Views, STATA or other statistical packages and MS Office programs, including Excel.
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite worldbankgroup.csod.com.