- Reporting to the Exploration Manager for Southern Africa, will be required to add significant value to our client by discovery of world class resources in multi commodity Greenfields exploration programs;
- The Senior Geologist will lead the exploration of one or more frontier districts and contribute to a high functioning discovery team through;
- Identification of high-quality prospects and targets;
- Leadership of a small discovery project team;
- The selection, application and management of the appropriate exploration tools and methods;
- Recognition and application of innovative tools and practises.
- The incumbent is required to be an experienced discovery geologist and project manager with a strong understanding of the application of Mineral System methodologies to target superior value deposits.
- In collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, lead the development of a portfolio of prospects and targets to be evaluated and tested;
- Lead the discovery activities of one or more district-scale projects (>2,500km2);
- Ensure the application of appropriate and innovative discovery tools and techniques;
- Mentor and train a small team of project and graduate geoscientists;
- Lead the discovery activities, including but not limited to;
- Selection and management of drilling contractors,
- Oversight of the remote field camps,
- The logging, sampling and interpretation of all drilling activities
- design and compilation of geochemical studies
- 3D interpretation of all geoscientific data
- Management of the project budget;
- Preparing high level reports of work completed;
- Implement, endorse and monitor programs in support of the SHEC strategy through participation in and commitment to SHEC procedures and initiatives;
- Undertake initiatives and execute work programs to ensure leading practice is employed and social licenses are maintained.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary degree in Geosciences & a Post-graduate qualification in geoscience, e.g. MSc in Economic Geology;
- High level knowledge and understanding of:
- Sediment-hosted and magmatic mineralisation;
- Geosciences (geology, geochemistry, geophysics, structural);
- Exploration tools, techniques and methods (computer modelling, spatial analysis of geological data sets);
- Mineral systems and mineral deposits;
- Basin analysis;
- GIS & 3D/4D modelling software (ArcGIS, GeoSoft, Leapfrog);
- Integration of data sets;
- A minimum of ten years exploration experience;
- A minimum of five years working in Africa;
- A minimum of three years in a field leadership role;
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese and English;
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values;
- Provides a consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 4 Weeks / 2 Week Roster
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite caglobal.catsone.com.