The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. Supply Chain Assistant is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics and procurement common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
The Supply Chain Assistant will report directly to the Emergency Response Coordinator based in Luando, Angola .
Key accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to Logistics & Procurement operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries;
- Carry out CO Goods & Services Procurement functions; Support registration of vendors, solicitation of bids and contracts management;
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations;
- Manage and follow up on logistics and procurement vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement;
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, traders) to support vendor selection process;
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set;
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards;
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary;
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity;
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning;
- For all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration;
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor;
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations
- Management and contribute to effective service delivery;
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities;
- Support logistics and supply chain emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
Any other duties
Standard minimum qualifications
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- At least four years progressively responsible for practical commercial/professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management and financial and procurement aspects.
- Proficiency in Windows (MS-World, Excel) and some transport tracking system experience.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Portuguese is essential.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite career5.successfactors.eu.