Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
Background & General Description:
The World Bank Angola Country Office is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant. The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Executive Assistant (EA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Angola Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. (S)He will provide administrative and client support to the operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Roles & Responsibility
The Incumbent’s duties include but are not limited to:
Operational and administrative support
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution;
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports;
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents;
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, emails, etc.) conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style and proofread materials;
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents;
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Country Director and/or the Country Management Unit (CMU);
- Organize the missions agendas
Information Management and Client interaction
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle;
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team;
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office;
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
Time management & Logistic planning
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information;
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters;
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks;
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 2 to 3 years direct relevant office support experience in a large international or multinational or corporate or public service organization;
- Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.)
- Mastery of Portuguese and English language (verbal and written);
- Working knowledge of word processing and Microsoft Office suite;
- Good team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels;
- Willingness to seek assistance from supervisor(s)/colleagues and learn from them;
- Ability to deal accurately and complete tasks every day according to specific standards;
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment;
- Ability to follow through on work priorities and respond creatively to client requests;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
- Project/Task Management
Completes assigned tasks / projects with supervision as needed. Pays attention to detail and ensures good quality products. Takes action to identify and resolve routine and non-routine issues. Is motivated and willing to do whatever is required.
- Client Focus
Acquires awareness of Unit’s key programs and products. Able to describe the World Bank’s mission. Interacts with internal and/or external clients, Washington, and field offices
Speaks up, listens, and participates in meetings and dialogues. Shares knowledge and information appropriately across the Department. Delivers accurate information in a timely manner. Handles confidential material with judgement and tact.
Makes strengths known and seeks opportunities to contribute, participates in addressing obstacles to effective teamwork.
- Institutional Knowledge and Functional Expertise
- Understands where to go to obtain information regarding institutional policies, procedures, and technology. Uses applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) to deliver and execute routine work. As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
Poverty has no borders. Neither does excellence. This is why we continually search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Para se candidatar a esta vaga visite worldbankgroup.csod.com.