Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE Company as an exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Manager to join our team in Angola.
- Own the resolution of post-sales technical customer issues. Level 1, 2,3Technical Support – Resolves post sales Technical Issues;
- As the technical depth required resolving issue increases, the level of skill set increases;
- For some products 1 individual may handle levels1,2 and 3 while for other products these may be separate individuals with increasing skill sets;
- Develops an operational year plan for the own department activities;
- Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures;
- Contributes to plan of larger unit;
- Works together with high level people from the business and lower level. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done;
- Diverse clients in a region;
- Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks;
- Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services);
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Technical Support.
- Experience in complex deepwater completion projects with major clients;
- Sound knowledge of Upper and Lower Completion operations and technical details of the associated equipment;
- Leading workshop activities following company standard processes and procedures;
- Assisting and leading project teams;
- Driving QA/QC;
- Strong Project Management and co-ordination skill sets;
- Experience in customer facing roles;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams;
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact;
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Effective problem identification and solution skills;
- Proven analytical and organizational ability;
- This position may involve demanding physical requirements and work in offshore/onshore remote locations, where access to medical care is not consistent, and weather conditions extreme;
- The applicant may be required to undergo fit for duty medical exams.