Cummins are searching for a senior Technician, experienced in preventative maintenance, engine overhaul and coaching/developing more junior employees to support our team.
- Technical specialist and primary customer support contact to diagnose and execute complex repairs to engine products at the customer’s site;
- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs;
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site;
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field;
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor;
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens;
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer;
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements;
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation;
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
Locally valid driving permit.
- Significant field service work experience, with experience operating within a mining environment;
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products;
- Strong customer service experience;
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred);
- Must have engine overhaul experience ;
- Portuguese and English Speaking;
- Min 5 Years Experience;
- Good Report writing;
- Good work ethics with ability to work under pressure;
- Able to work rotational shifts.