Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Topsides Engineer for MIE (mainly ICSS) to work within their facilities located in Luanda, Angola. This will be for an intitial 12 month contract which will be subject to extension.
- To promote safety culture within the project and his activities;
- To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on his activities;
- To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements;
- To liaise with the packages of PBF (FPSO, SPS especially);
- To review the engineering documentation related to topsides equipment, mainly ICSS but also instrumentation and electrical (the involvement in other disciplines as coordinator is possible);
- To apply good practices available within DB17/FO regarding the Maintenance engineering;
- To get feedback from DB17/FO team for the various subjects. To compare with what is existing in SAP for any activity, as the job will consist in incorporating new data to the existing system;
- To manage all the subjects regarding topsides maintenance engineering from the collection of data from the engineering documentation to the filling in of the templates for further download to SAP (mainly ICSS but also instrumentation and electrical and perhaps other disciplines, as coordinator);
- To identify all the new functional locations related to the new equipment;
- To issue the maintenance procedures and the maintenance plans for the new equipment;
- To prepare the forms for the creation of the references for the new articles (to be put in stock or not);
- To ensure for the creation of the new articles’ references in SAP that all the details are available to make a valid purchase order (drawings with exact location of the spare, vendor reference, etc.);
- To identify the Safety Critical Elements;
- To prepare the preservation recommendations for all spare parts;
- To prepare the templates regarding the changes in SAP for the download in SAP;
- To support PBF/FOP Commissioning team for ICSS subjects;
- To support DB17/FO ICSS team for other ICSS subjects, with the validation of PBF/FOP manager.
Context and environment
- PBF is the brownfield Project division of Block 17, and benefits of a matrix organization. It manages Projects from Basic Engineering to Startup;
- Hand-over to Block 17 Operations teams;
- The nature of the brownfield Projects, with most of the execution offshore activities performed in SIMOPS on live FPSOs (Girassol, Dalia;
- Pazflor & CLOV) and congested seabed, increases the risks and consequently the challenges of the Projects (co-activities with other Projects & Maintenance activities, minimization of shortfalls -production/injection-, …);
- PBF manages EPC contracts with major international Contractors including onshore prefabrication in Angola, offshore construction & installation in Angola (FPSO modifications, SURF, SPS, SIMOPS, high number of contractors & subcontractors);
- Brownfield environment, with all Site(s) activities carried out in SIMOPS mode;
- Lot of interfaces & synergies (within PBF & outside -DB17/FO notably-);
- Based in Luanda, as a resident. Missions offshore to be planned.
- HSEQ rules & requirements;
- To ensure that SAP is updated for PBF activities regarding procedures, plans, spare parts, critical elements for topsides equipment (mainly ICSS then Instrumentation then Electrical and others);
- Qualified ICSS engineer, with a professional experience in Field Operations of 10 years min;
- Experience as a method ICSS engineer (the participation in a MIEC would be a plus);
- Good knowledge of E/I activities;
- Good coordination communication skills;
- Very rigorous in the job.
Maintenance engineering Commissioning (would be a plus).
Electrical and Instrumentation.
French & English language.
Planning and organisation.
Portuguese (would be a plus).
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.