Overall Purpose of the Job
To supervise team to complete the running of welltest equipment on and offshore ensuring successful safe operations in accordance with Company procedures and thereby ensuring a quality service to client.
Key Activities and Accountabilities
- Supervise welltest operations and allocate tasks to team ensuring safe completion of the operational task with prevention of technical issues in line with the Operating manual;
- Ensure checks are carried out on all equipment for their compliance and are technically correct for the operation being carried out;
- Carry out and ensure participation from team in tool box talks and planning meetings when required;
- May be required to work at onshore bases in the preparation, return of equipment and report preparation;
- Ensure that well site support requirements are planned and executed as required to facilitate continuous operations;
- Liaise with clients representatives and participate in meetings and discussions as required in a professional manner ensuring continuous quality of service to client;
- Ensure completion of required documentation for company procedures, processes and specific client’s requirements;
- Liaise with the team members and welltest operations department as and when required to ensure all aspects of the operations are discussed as required with the relevant parties to ensure effective communication to allow continued safe operations and task completion;
- Work with colleagues and Supervisor to complete required competencies for current and next role;
- Actively work with subordinates to share knowledge to assist with their competency progression when required.
- Actively adhere to the Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery policies, procedures and processes to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained and exposure to liability or risk to Expro’s reputation is minimised. Provide leadership in all ethical issues; ensure employees are aware of Expro’s compliance requirements and feel able to report possible violations or conflicts of interest;
- Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate;
- Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes. Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others’ safety and provide an environment where they feel authorised to stop any unsafe job. Ensure that all incidents and non-conformances are reported in line with the appropriate procedures and deadlines;
- ensure that all incidents are investigated and corrective actions raised as required; where appropriate, participates in incident investigations.
- Supervise, mentor and coach direct reports and ensure completion of their Employee Development Plans. Where applicable, ensure that training and competency programs are in place to facilitate the mentoring of subordinates through the competency system. Conduct competency assessments when required.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Formal technical qualification;
- 9+ years technical experience preferable within welltest field;
- Team leader / supervisory experience.
- Integrity/Compliance – behaves in a fair, honest and ethical manner toward others; adheres to Company Code of Conduct;
- Interpersonal Sensitivity – identifies with and shows understanding or concern for others; values diversity;
- Technical – achieves and applies a competent level of technical and/or professional skill or knowledge relevant to the role;
- Safety Awareness – upholds safety standards;
- Concern for Quality – has a consistent attitude and respect for high quality standards;
- Performance Focus – contributes to results delivery through individual performance, demonstrating Expro behaviours;
- Customer-oriented – attentive and responsive to customer concerns;
- Team Working – works well with a diverse or multi-disciplinary group to achieve a common goal;
- Communication – communicates clearly in written and/or oral form;
- Creativity/Innovation – inventive; can develop original solutions to problems;
- Collaboration – encourages a participative process; has a ‘win-win’ orientation.